Bal Seal Engineering’s seals and springs improve the performance and reliability of robots and robotic systems for medical and industrial environments. Our custom-engineered products help designers of surgical, articulated, SCARA, DELTA, gantry, and other robot types achieve more accurate, consistent movement, conduct more power in less space, and dramatically improve uptime. FDA compliant materials and designs supporting strict IPX requirements are available.
Products for Robotics
Bal Seal® Spring Energized Seal
Our seals help you achieve the perfect balance of sealing effectiveness and friction. They guard against leakage and ingress while eliminating stick-slip and promoting precise movement over thousands of cycles. With nearly limitless material, energizer, and geometry options, our seals can be customized to meet the toughest wear and serviceability requirements for rotary, reciprocating, or static use.
- Controllable friction forces
- FDA compliant jacket materials
- Excellent media resistance
- Wear-regulating spring energizer
- IPX-ready designs
Bal Spring® Canted Coil Spring
Our spring mechanically fastens, conducts electricity, and shields sensitive electronics from EMI/RFI. Its independent coils, which serve as multiple contact points for optimal current carrying capability, ensure consistent, reliable connection—even under shock and vibration.
- Superior conductivity & power density
- Multi-point contact for reliable electrical performance
- Compact, space-saving profile
- Multifunctional for simplified design & maintenance
- Customizable force ranges
- Repeatable performance over 1000s of cycles
- FDA compliant
Medical Robotics Applications
Industrial Robotics Applications
Material Data Sheet
Precision machined from FDA compliant polymers and available in...Read More