People Creating Solutions
Bal Seal Engineering employees don’t just make components. They engineer solutions that can literally change lives. For example, very small Bal Contact® electrical contacts are being used to deliver life-improving cardiac and neuromodulation therapies in more than a million implantable medical devices worldwide. And Bal Seal® spring-energized seals are protecting compact, tactical robots that help law enforcement safely “see” in situations that are too dangerous for humans.
Every day, we solve tough sealing, connecting, conducting and EMI shielding challenges. We work alongside OEM engineers as “innovation partners” to help create new technological breakthroughs, and we thrive in a work environment that attracts superstar employees who are highly skilled, motivated and dynamic. Sound like a place that’s right for you? Use the link above to review current openings through our careers portal.
For questions regarding career opportunities at Bal Seal Engineering, please contact our Human Resources team at email@example.com.
What We Do
Bal Seal custom-engineers components that solve unique sealing, connecting, conducting or EMI shielding challenges. We don’t have any “standard” products. Everything we make falls into one of these three basic categories:
- Bal Spring® canted coil springs (for electrical conducting, mechanical latching, locking, holding and EMI shielding)
- Bal Seal® spring-energized seals (for rotary, reciprocating and static/face sealing)
- Bal Contact® electrical contacts (for industrial and medical applications—includes Bal Conn® for implantables)
What makes us successful is our ability to combine our core products with application engineering, precision manufacturing and material science. We collaborate with design engineers to improve the performance of new and existing products, so that customers can gain a competitive edge. Often, our solutions set new standards for an entire industry.
Our History, Our Future
1956 Catalonian engineer Peter J. Balsells pioneers the spring-energized seal by using a canted coil spring as an energizer element
1958 “Pete” incorporates Bal Seal Engineering and sets up shop in his garage in La Habra, CA
1971 Bal Seal marks its first export of products to Europe
1994 Bal Seal establishes a sales office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1998 The company moves into its newly-built 125,000- square-foot world headquarters in Foothill Ranch, CA
2007 Manufacturing of springs begins in Colorado Springs, CO
2008 A Hong Kong office is opened, establishing Bal Seal Asia, Limited
2008 The company celebrates its 50th anniversary
2014 Bal Seal’s new 155,000+ square-foot spring production facility opens in Colorado Springs, CO
2020 Bal Seal Engineering is acquired by Bloomfield, CT-based Kaman Corporation, and becomes a division of Kaman
- We make components that improve the performance and reliability of critical equipment used everywhere, from deep sea to deep space.
- Medical electronics (implantable cardiac pacing and pain management devices)
- Analytical & lab automation (equipment used in drug development and diagnostics)
- Medical devices (powered surgical tools and instruments, orthopedic devices, pumps and drug delivery systems)
- Aerospace & defense (onboard electronics, fluid power systems used in commercial and mil/aero platforms, in communications and targeting equipment)
- Energy (equipment used for upstream and downstream oilfield applications, as well as in wind and solar equipment, power transmission & distribution)
- Mobility (hybrid and electric vehicle systems, marine, rail)
- Industrial (fluid power and electrical signal transmission systems for traditional and next-generation automation equipment)
Who We Are
We’re an engineering company, so we value critical thinking and innovative ideas like the one that sparked our company’s birth in 1958.
Our culture is based on:
- Great employee benefits and incentives
- Employee appreciation events
- Casual business attire and friendly atmosphere
- Collaborative environment
- Growth & advancement opportunities
- Educational programs and training
Bal Seal Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Read the full Bal Seal Engineering EEO and Affirmative Action policy statement for more details.